Transitional Housing Placement Plus Foster Care
Modeled after our THP Plus Program, our Transitional Housing Placement plus Foster Care (THP+FC) is an available placement option for non-minor dependents (NMDs) who wish to stay in Extended Foster Care. This placement option bridges the gap for those NMD’s who will no longer live in a foster home, but may not yet be ready to transition into a Supervised Independent Living Placement (SILP).
To qualify, Youth must have been younger than 19 as of 1/1/2012, with an order for care with the Juvenile Court at age 18, and meet at least 1 of the 5 eligibility for Extended Foster Care, including:
- Be enrolled in high school or equivalent program
- Be enrolled in college/vocational program
- Work at least 80 hours p/month
- Participate in program/activity to assist youth to find a job or to remove barriers to employment (ie – substance abuse treatment)
- Be unable to do one of the above based on medical or mental health condition
Click here to view our Extended Foster Care Placement Options for Non-Minor Dependents.
For more information about THP Plus Foster care, please click here to fill out our Contact Form.